Jailbreak iOS 5
This untethered jailbreaking is for iPad 2, 1 and it also works on iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1. Below the whole process is explained in simple steps.
- Step 1 : In the first step you will need to download files according to your desktop operating system in order to support jailbreaking. These files are named Absinthe 0.4 which vary according to your computer operating system. Once you finish downloading absinthe 0.4 extract it as a part
- Step 2 : After extraction an icon will appear,
- Step 3 : Right clicks on absinthe 0.4 and select run as administrator.
- Step 4: when absinthe 0.4 is running plug in your iPad 1 or 2 on your computer. As soon as you plug in absinthe will automatically recognize your device and as soon as it happens click on jailbreak button. When you click on the jailbreak button your iPad 1 or 2 will react like if it is being officially restored by iTunes and “restore in progress” will be displayed on screen.
- Step 5 : when your iPad 2 or 1 reboots you can slide arrows to unlock it and you will notice absinthe icon on your screen. You will need to tap that icon and it will open official greenpoison website for a moment and your iPad will again reboot automatically. After reboot you will soon notice cydia will take place of prior absinthe icon and congrats you have successfully jailbroken your iPad 2 or 1 untethered with iOS 5 [5.1/ 5.0.1 / 5.0].
If you get following message “ error establishing connection”. Its mainly due to overloading of userland jailbreak servers due to heavy traffic. Wait for some time and then re launch application it will work fine.
If you leave your iPad 2 or 1 in the middle of the process due to any reason restore all factory settings, restart your computer and next time switch USB ports while connecting your iPad.
Stay tune with us for more details on Jailbreak iOS 5.1 and don’t forget to like our Facebook Profile – Jailbreak iOS 5